Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dreams

It's 4:30 in the morning, I went to bed at 1:30 and am up again because of a nightmare. This was such a weird dream and I am trying to remember details of it so that I can try to understand why I dreamt it; it seemed so out of place but yet so tied together in a sense.
I'm in this back yard, It has a high fence it's fairly  tall and I am sitting in a lawn chair. This person I used to go to school with handed me some money and told me to go pay her T mobile cell phone bill. I asked her how I would know what bill was hers and she said it was on the wall at the store. I grabbed my things and began to leave. After this the dream became just flashes. All of a sudden this guy comes out to me at the yard and asks me something I don't understand. He leaves and I follow him inside. The house is an older house but it has been refurbished. The colors are dark blue and burgundy. There are people home, yet there are no lights on and I don't look for any. I walk up the stairs in the dark house while people pass me. The stairway is normal and long. I don't have a destination but yet I keep climbing. I get to the top and find myself back in the living room. All of a sudden something grabs my hair and I can actually feel the pressure of my hair getting pulled, I have no idea what is going up and stumble up off of the floor. I try to understand what is going on. Next thing I remember is taking a photo of myself. I am in the far right corner of the photo, as I have left the rest of the frame empty. A voice says, "You can see her faintly in the back." I look at the photo, see nothing, look back and there is some faint figure in the background. The next thing I know Is I am getting dragged back out of the house by my hair, by whom I presume by a ghost? The funny thing is, is that I am not scared of this ghost but of getting put back into the backyard. I don't know why I didn't want to go back into the backyard, what was there that was frightening me? I don't remember being scared in the beginning but something changed. I woke up and am currently watching the office because that show always puts me at ease.

I went on a dream definition website and here are the possible reasons behind my dream:

Ghost
A ghost in a dream symbolizes a force that is beyond your control in waking life, such as an issue or decision. That issue hovers over you like a ghost.
To dream about your backyard, represents your childhood memories or your unconscious. Alternatively, dreaming of your backyard, refers to the secrets you are keeping. There are some aspects of your life which you want to keep hidden and out of the view of others. The dream also represents some aspect of your life that you have taken for granted. Consider also the phrase "not in my backyard." In other words, everything is okay as long as it does not happen to you or occur in your own home. The condition of the yard is also symbolic of how well you maintain and balance aspects of your life.

Hair
Dreaming of someone pulling your hair implies betrayal.

Photograph, Picture
Seeing old or even unfamiliar pictures in your dream may be a reflection of how you remember certain parts of your life. These pictures may represent longing for a time that has passed. However, other interpretations can be made. Although this dream may be difficult to interpret, the dreamer may need to put significant amount of effort into its understanding. Some believe that since a photograph represents something real, it could represent a deception or distortion of some kind. Someone may be trying to sell something to you and is covering up the truth, or you may be doing the covering yourself. New Age thinking points out that dreaming of pictures means you have not learned a particular lesson in life. The dream may be calling attention to past events and reminding you that you are making the same errors all over again.

Friend
Dreaming about an old friend may mean that you have left things unsettled with that friend.

Reading all these definitions makes me wonder about my dream. Of course all the definitions bear some weight in my life but who's life wouldn't somehow speak to these meanings?

Yes, there are things in my life that I cannot control but no one can control there lives completely. We have all been betrayed in our lives but I have not been betrayed recently; Maybe my sub conscious knows I am getting betrayed and I don't even know it yet, kind of like a forewarning? I always want to live in the past. As life goes on, life gets harder and tougher so who wouldn't want to go back to a simpler time without the worries adulthood has. I also hope I am not making a mistake that I have made in the past, but maybe I am and don't even know it. I have lots of shit with friends that are left unsettled but that's life. People lose touch, people come in and out of your lives and as you get older and busier it gets harder to manage these friendships so these friendships die without a real funeral.

This dream was great for reflection by making me think about the things I have done recently and really try to understand if they have any bearing in my life, or perhaps bring up memories I have shoved somewhere in the warehouse of my sub conscious. In the end, the thing about the dream that would suck the most, is if I am making a mistake I once made in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment