Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fountain of Lost Dreams

When I was about 7 years old I used to collect quarters. I would collect any kind of quarter that had a different design on it and put them into my piggy bank that was shaped like a wishing well. My goal was to collect all the quarters in this certain set one year. One day I went to put a quarter in my piggy bank and noticed how light it felt. I shock it form side to side hoping to hear some quarters. I opened my piggy bank and there was nothing inside; no quarters. I closed my bedroom door and started crying. My parents found me in my room all upset and we all suspected my older brother had taken them. After threatening to take away his computer privileges if he didn't tell the truth, he finally admitted it. He had taken the quarters to buy himself a video game. He was not sorry for taking my quarters and that he didn't care he had done that. I went back into my room, cried some more and have never collected a quarter since.

No comments:

Post a Comment