Thursday, February 17, 2011

Night 43

Justice has been served.
Yesterday morning I was parked in the Safeway parking lot. I emerged from the store to see that the back end of my car had been smashed in. At first I didn't think it was my car but then I saw Hamtaro in the windshield and knew that it was. I kind of stood there for a minute, in awe of the damage, when this meek little Asian woman starting making her way to me. She was older, quiet, spoke pretty good English and was very cute. At first I thought she had hit my car and was coming over to tell me but then she told me that she saw a school bus hit my car. She didn't grab any of the information like bus company name or license plate because he had stopped the bus like he was going to get out and then sped off so she thought that he was going to come over but he didn't. The only information she had was that it was very long, yellow and that it happened at 8:40 a.m.. She kept apologizing for not getting more information but she had given me enough to work with.


GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

I got into my car and started crying. I cried for a good period of time and then after a few minutes I stopped. I decided to take control of the situation and start my mission of finding the culprit. The hunt begins.
I called the school board, thinking that they were the ones that controlled all the school buses but that was very incorrect. It's not like Penticton where there is one big lot where all the school buses are kept, no, there are actually about 30 school bus companies that are contracted out by the schools. 
I went to google and found some of the top school bus companies in the area. I called them all up and told them what had happened. Most of them didn't want anything to do with me but one was willing to help. I then called all the schools in the area to see what school bus companies they used but they pretty much told me to go fuck myself.
After all that disappointment I went to the corner store thinking that because of all my bad luck (setting the kitchen counter on fire, hit and run) that I must be due for some good luck and bought two scratch tickets; I lost on both. And then I went up the street to where a police station was supposed to be located to file a police report but it was just a psychic reading shop; thanks google. Oh, and later that night I went for a run, tripped on a crack in the sidewalk, bailed and all the while an Asian woman at the bus stop right in front of me watched as I fell and struggled to get up all while applying lotion to her hands; didn't even pretend to make the motion like she was going to get up and help me.
In the evening I decided that I needed to change my course of action so I theorized that if a school bus was in a parking lot that it must be some kind of routine and that he should be there every morning around the same time. I decided that I would perform a stakeout and go to the parking lot the next day and wait to see if a bus came.
The morning comes around and I go to the parking lot. I am waiting and waiting and no bus yet but in the corner of the parking lot I see a kid with a back pack and this is a good sign that he is waiting for a ride to school, possibly a ride from a bad bus. I look around and spot a big school bus parked on the side of the road. I get out and start making my way. As I approach the bus I see the driver get out and a little girl asks him, "Why aren't you in the paring lot?" and he replies, " Because I hit a car yesterday." I interject and tell him that it was my car that he had hit and my witness saw him stop and drive off; could timing had been any more perfect. He starts apologizing and saying that he didn't even know that he had hit my car and that when he got back to work his boss told him that a girl had called and said that her car had been hit. Isn't it funny that the only company that was willing to help me was the one one that was involved in the accident. I don't know if I really believe the bus driver that he didn't know if he hit me but it doesn't matter anyways because I got what I had came for.
It was very lucky that I had a witness with any information and I wish I knew that little old Asian woman so that I could thank her for because of her kindness an evil bus was brought to justice and she will never know her crucial role she played in my master plan.
There are still honest and kind people in this world and I am very grateful to that woman because I would had been out $500.
I have successfully put a bus behind bars and performed my first of many stakeouts to come.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Larissa...so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete