Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's all about the money

I came across an article today and just had to say something. It seems that Fendi has lined their latest runway show with goat fur. Yes, goat fur. Has it really come to this? Where it has become so acceptable to wear fur that we now walk on it. We walk on it to show case over priced so called "fashion" most of which is ridiculous in nature and incredibly over priced. This is just a shining example of what this world has turned into.
We have come so far so quickly in such a short time where people are now running out of ways to shock and amaze so they have to resort to utterly outlandish tactics in order to hold peoples attention and distract us from anything else of actual importance. You can only push fashion so far until it becomes a ridiculous representation of creativity. I'm not against fashion nor am I against a creative outlet but it seems that most things are created simply to be created. Because there is a demand for the new fall line and it better be cutting edge or you're gone. That is the system we have created and the system we now live in and not just in terms of fashion. It has become cyclical in nature and won't stop anytime soon because it has grown a mind of it's own, it has a formula now: Do something crazy=get attention=more money. It's a winning concept, if we're talking terms of monetary growth because in the end isn't that what everyone wants? Isn't that what Fendi wants? Cover their walkway in goat fur, get attention to their brand and sell more clothes. And most of these large business empires that try and say that it's not about the money and that it's about the creative, is a bunch of bullshit and a sorry excuse to portray what they're doing as something pure and creative. But, no PR is bad PR right?
Morals and values are constantly being ignored in order to make money. People, animals and the environment are all being exploited to the max in order to find the cheapest way to make money. People are expendable, animals are expendable and who really cares about our oceans and forests.
Big business have cornered everyday people into playing their game. People take shitty jobs with shitty pay in order to buy the things that we think we need. Because the media tells us we are less than nothing without these things.
What I'm saying is nothing new or inventive, I merely just can't take it anymore!
Just the other day on the radio I heard an ad for Spence diamonds and it said something along the lines of, "compare your diamond side by side with any other and you win, you can continue with confidence."
You win what? A better marriage? So what this ad is saying, if you don't have the best diamond you're obviously not loved as much, you're marriage sucks and you should be self conscious about that piece of shit ring your loser husband bought you because marriage is about money. 
I literally have to turn the radio off because I can't stand it.
Love isn't even love anymore it's about what you're spouse can give you financially. Love, such a beautiful and natural emotion has been turned into a financial tool for businesses. It has taken away what it truly means to love somebody and I can assure you it has nothing to do with how big your ring is.
To conclude all of this, our world is ran by the need to make money so anything and everything will be exploited eventually. Nothing will be sacred and nothing will be pure in nature. Happiness is about money, love is about money, security is about money, confidence is about money and self worth is about money. A piece of paper determines all this? Are you kidding? Something so easily destroyed has the ability to impact and control every aspect of your life?
Quick story before I go. I used to work night shift 5 nights a week for a whole year and then go to my morning job 5 mornings a week and then take 2 morning shifts on the weekend. I worked all the time. I had money but was I happy, no? I was literally by myself all the time, no other energy around me, no one else to talk to, alone with my own thoughts day in and day out, wasting my life pursuing something that meant absolutely nothing. I remember crying on the way to work, dreading going, not because I hated the job but because I HAD to go, I was a slave. One night I snapped and quit, just like that. I felt like I would die if I did one more shift. And after working like that for a year I have never been fully the same. Doors were opened that can't be closed and realizations were found that can't be lost.
I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Excellently written Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN

    Jesus said you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God. What did He mean by that statement?

    John 3:1-3......3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly , I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."(NKJV)

    Jesus did not tell Nicodemus that he had to be born the first time in order to enter the kingdom of God. He said you must be born again!

    Jesus did not tell Nicodemus that he had to exist in order to enter the kingdom of God. Every person alive, exists, how could that be a requirement to enter the kingdom of God? Jesus said he had to be born again.

    Being born of water (amniotic fluid) by natural birth is being born the first time, it is not being born again.

    John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (NKJV)

    Jesus said you must born of water and the Spirit to enter the kingdom of God. Remember in John 3:3 Jesus said "You must be born again." Water can mean nothing but water baptism (immersion). Water and the Spirit are both qualifications in order to be born again.

    John 3:5 Jesus answered: I tell you for certain that before you can get into God's kingdom, you must be born not only by water, but by the Spirit. (Contemporary English Version)

    John 3:5 Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

    John 3:5 Jesus said, 'I tell you the truth. This new birth is by water and by the Spirit. No person can enter God's kingdom if he has not been born that way. (Worldwide English New Testament)

    WATER BAPTISM IS A REQUIREMENT TO BE BORN AGAIN.

    (SEE: Acts 2:38, WATER BAPTISM AND THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT....YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN! )


    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG.http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete