Thursday, January 2, 2014

Life without caffeine



Jan 2. 14

With much support, I have decided to quit drinking coke zero and coffee in an attempt to remove caffeine from my diet.

It has been roughly two years that I have had coffee everyday and for the last year I’ve been have several cups of coffee in a day and a couple cans of coke zero.

I don’t have an addictive personality and I was completely sure I wasn’t addicted but I have soon found out that I am, not mentally but physically.

It seemed like an easy enough decision, just don’t drink coffee and coke zero but the withdrawal symptoms are something else that I was not expecting.

Jan 1. 14 was the first day without coffee and this is how it went:

·         8 am wake up and work for a few hours.
·         10 am come home eat oatmeal and go down for a nap because of how tired I am.
·         Wake up at 12:30 not feeling anymore rested but with a huge headache.
·         Took some medicine and spend the next few hours trying to organize myself to go to the gym
·         At 5:00 go to the gym and feel completely lethargic and preoccupied.
·         Go to bed at 11:00 p.m. and wake several times throughout the night.

Today is day 2 the headache is still there (after taking medicine) and I am incredibly tired, all though I unexpectedly fell asleep in the car for 20 mins. I am finding it hard to focus at work and the seconds seem to be dragging on. Right now I’ve had about 4 cups of decaff peppermint tea, but the substitute does nothing.

I usually go to the gym after work but I am so tired and weak feeling that I think I shall leave work early and go home and see if I can ease my headache and ADD.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment