Monday, January 6, 2014

Weight gain!

The last year I have been experimenting a lot with my nutrition and workout regime. My goal, simply is to be toned with muscle. I don't want to be pencil thin and I don't want huge muscles but I want to be able to travel the world without feeling vulnerable.
Up until three months ago I was a vegan for ten years. That's a long time. A lot of people ask me what happened, what made me change and the answer is simple, I didn't enjoy it anymore. It was that easy. There was no reason for me to carry on a diet that I no longer felt good about. I eased the transition starting with egg whites. I eat meat and dairy here and there but I still maintain a mostly vegan diet purely for the nutritional benefits.
I like almond milk but that doesn't mean I won't have a piece of pizza!
I find I am much more controlled than I thought I would be around food and I hardly crave things. I like not depriving myself of anything. If I want a chocolate I'll have a chocolate.
For a couple of months I tried bulking. Where I tried to GAIN weight in order to cut fat. I was eating about 2000-2500 calories a day and put on maybe 10 lbs. Not too much but it was a good start. Loosing weight was easy and underneath the fat layer was nice muscle. Not a ton of it but I'm definitely more toned then I've ever been. I have been cutting fat for about 4 months and have noticed my body plateau so it is now time to put back on some fat before summer so I can be in even better shape.
It's a shame not a lot of girls talk about purposely gaining weight. It makes it seem irrational when a woman does it because most girls cringe at the thought of hopping on a scale.
But, answer me this, can a body survive on 1000 calories for the rest of it's life. No. No way! You'll be shredded but you won't have much muscle that's for sure. You can't diet your whole life. You must give your body a good muscle base before it is willing to give up it's fatty layer.
Keep starving yourself and walking on the treadmill but I want to be in a place where my body has adapted to 2000 calories. Where I don't have to worry about putting on a lot of weight because I have built my body to be able to handle it. 
This is my journey, think about what one you're on.

No comments:

Post a Comment