Friday, March 14, 2014

The Hunger Pains. Fasting: End of day 4.

End of day 4, start of day 5!
Yesterday went well, mentally I'm not even hungry. I feel like I can go forever, I see how people could do 30 day fasts. The mental struggles are gone and what is left is clarity. Stay with me here, it's gonna get a bit out there. First of all without having to spend time thinking, preparing and eating food you actually have a lot more time on your hands then you know what to do with so your thoughts go wild. You spend a lot of time in your head and I think that time in your head gives great perspective. I feel very clear headed and hypersensitive. I'm hearing everything all at once. For instance it's hard sleeping because the sound of my heart beating is keeping me up. I also feel much more in control of my emotions and can really handle situations that would usually aggravate or upset me. I feel like I've broken through to another dimension and I'm on the outside looking in and observing. This could be actually happening or I could just be hallucinating from the lack of food haha who knows, but why not entertain each theory. The closest I can relate this experience would be to taking any kind of drug and feeling a bit loopy but with a sense of being completely and utterly aware of everything that's around and that isn't around.
My mental issues have done a complete 180 but is seems that my physical symptoms are upping it a notch. Yesterday I did feel some light headedness and some shaking before going to bed. My blood sugar yesterday at around 3 was 4.2 so its hard to say if these symptoms later at night correlated to my blood sugar being low. I am also very very warm still. This morning I can really feel the lethargy in my quads as if the muscle has been removed from the bone and it is just sitting there. My stomach is becoming concave because of the shrinking of the stomach and intestines. I am drinking tons of water but still feel dehydrated because of the lack of sodium and not being able to retain any of it but I still don't feel hungry.
Some great perspective was shown to me the other day in words: A building has it's main system and it's back up generator. You don't constantly run the system without testing out the back up generator and that is a direct analogy for fasting. How do you know what you're body can handle if you never test it. You're pushing your body into it's survival state and I would like to know that if the day came I would be able to easily transition into it. Do you do the same thing day in and day out and hope that when the day comes that you need to do something drastic like not eat, that you can handle it mentally and physically? Fasting is just another way we push ourselves. We push ourselves physically all the time, we should do the same mentally. Because the day may come when you will need your mental strength.
The body is only as strong as the mind.
May the force be with you all.

  <----------My brain right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment