Thursday, December 31, 2015

Baby Talk

 I've never been the most maternal person but have accepted the fact that at some point I will probably have kids, all though I will try my hardest to prolong it as much as possible as I don't think I'm quite ready to be a bonafide adult yet and I'm  not completely comfortable with the fact that a parasite will  be using my body as a host, slowly draining it of it's nutrients and feeding until it grows the strength to over power and break free from the vesicle it had been draining for 9 months but I heard kids are great once you can get past that.
Which brings me to this topic. A work mate of my is heavily pregnant and about to pop any day and have a little "bub"of her own. We often have chats about life's awkward moments and what gets the brain thinking about the fundamentals of life and how you and others perceive them.
Just today I was looking at her and told her, "Everyone knows you 100% have had sex". That is basically the only time in your life someone you know has 100% had sex, there is a physical representation of fornication. It's like, you could deny having sex until your blue in the face but once your pregnant or have kids, the jig is up, where as guys get to live in anonymity their whole lives and plead the fifth until their dying day.*sigh*.
That's weird in itself but you know what's weirder? Is when people tell you they're "trying" , which basically means their having lots of sex. In no other situation would you really tell people that you're having sex all the time but for some reason when it involves procreating it's completely acceptable. I may be a nurse but I don't really want to know that you're having sex like rabbits all of the time trying to conceive and when they do conceive and she grows a big balloon, I just think to myself, well, all that fudging really paid off and I know for a fact that you had sex and you ween't just all talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment